POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : cylindrical camera: unexpected results : Re: cylindrical camera: unexpected results Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:29:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cylindrical camera: unexpected results
From: Peter J  Holzer
Date: 19 Aug 2000 10:01:04
Message: <slrn8pt3q1.ac9.hjp-usenet@teal.h.hjp.at>
On Tue, 25 Jul 2000 15:30:39 -0700, ryan constantine wrote:
>what i really want is to use cylinder type 4,
>however the results are not what i expect.  what i expect to see is all
>four corners with straight rods conecting them instead of the curved
>ones from type 2.  all i get, however are four horizontal rods.  i don't
>see any of the sphere-corners.  changing the right and up vectors has no
>effect.

Strange. It works (almost) fine for me (megapov 0.5a on linux). I can
see all horizontal rods, all spere corners, and two of the vertical
rods (one in the center of the image, the other is split at the top and
bottom of the image). I don't see the other two vertical rods, but I
think this is because the camera is intersecting them. If I move the
camera a bit, they appear.

	hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | Nicht an Tueren mangelt es,
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR       | sondern an der Einrichtung (aka Content).
__/   | http://www.hjp.at/ |       zum Thema Portale in at.linux