POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : nosy parker : Re: nosy parker Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:22:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: nosy parker
From: Ron Parker
Date: 11 Jul 2000 09:11:47
Message: <slrn8mm83l.q2u.ron.parker@linux.parkerr.fwi.com>
On Tue, 11 Jul 2000 12:05:51 +0100, Tom Melly wrote:
>Just out of curiosity....
>
>Why do the developers of POV-Ray do it? The fame, the glory, the fast cars,
>the hot chicks?....

I'm just an egomaniac.

>Second question, and I'm really not being rude here just curious, do any of
>the POV developers trace a lot of stuff - most of the pages I've visited,
>such as Ron's, are fairly sparsely populated when it comes to actual
>ray-tracing....

Ah, ya caught me.  See, I've spent all that free time I should have been
spending on tracing on debugging instead.  The last time I spent any serious
time thinking about and developing a scene was for the "ruins" round of the
IRTC, and I didn't finish that.  Before that, it was the entry I actually
submitted for the "Imaginary Worlds" round.  Most of the rest of my work
can be found in the weird textures I've posted to this server here and
there.

Truth be told, I'm far better at modeling individual objects and textures
than I am at composing them all in a pleasing scene, so most of my work
never gets past that stage.

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.