POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : grep 'logo' /etc/collectedWisdom : Re: grep 'logo' /etc/collectedWisdom Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: grep 'logo' /etc/collectedWisdom
From: Peter J  Holzer
Date: 8 May 2000 20:02:07
Message: <slrn8heiie.pd.hjp-usenet@teal.h.hjp.at>
On Tue, 09 May 2000 05:08:30 +0930, Henry wrote:
>Pop quiz: What's NASA's logo? What's Amazon.com's logo? What's IBM's
>logo?
>
>I think I'd be pretty safe in saying that _everyone_ here knows what
>those organisations are, but I would be very surprised if anyone could
>describe the logos of all three.  Why is this the case?  It's quite
>simply that NASA is 'NASA', IBM is 'IBM', and Amazon.com is
>'Amazon.com'.

Er, no. While NASA may not have a logo (although I seem to connect the
name always with a certain font where the "A" doesn't have a horizontal
bar), Amazon and IBM do have a logo: Amazon has[1] a black triangle with
a white meandring river in it (presumably the Amazon in an "A"). IBM has
an intersection of the three letters "IBM" with horizontal bars.

	hp

[1] Make that "had". I just visited their web site and that logo isn't
there any more. Instead they have the name amazon.com in two different
fonts with a stupid orange arrow from the a to the o.

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | Nicht an Tueren mangelt es,
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR       | sondern an der Einrichtung (aka Content).
__/   | http://www.hjp.at/ |       zum Thema Portale in at.linux