POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Will the POV-Team support the logo competition? : Re: Will the POV-Team support the logo competition? Server Time
4 May 2024 16:39:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Will the POV-Team support the logo competition?
From: Peter J  Holzer
Date: 30 Apr 2000 16:01:34
Message: <slrn8gou3q.peg.hjp-usenet@teal.h.hjp.at>
On Sat, 29 Apr 2000 17:54:17 -0700, Ken wrote:
>In an electronic computer environment like POV-Ray and the WWW why would
>you bother with a low resolution version of a logo ? I personally do not
>see the benefit. I mean if we were creating a logo for illustrator
>or some other print based program I could see a reason for it but not
>in a compuer graphics related industry. Reach for the stars..........

Quite the contrary: Printers have very high resolutions (at least in
black and white), but monitors are limited to low resolutions (typically
75 to 100 ppi). If you want your logo to be used at web pages it should
be recognizable at low resolutions.

	hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | Nicht an Tueren mangelt es,
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR       | sondern an der Einrichtung (aka Content).
__/   | http://www.hjp.at/ |       zum Thema Portale in at.linux