POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Macro-ripping >:) : Re: Macro-ripping >:) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:18:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Macro-ripping >:)
From: Peter J  Holzer
Date: 29 Mar 2000 19:25:45
Message: <slrn8e575v.snq.hjp-usenet@teal.h.hjp.at>
On Wed, 29 Mar 2000 03:50:29 -0800, Ken wrote:
>Zeger Knaepen wrote:
>>
>> You're right.  But what about just linking to the files on their
>> site?
>> (It's also easier for me to do)
>
>This raises another issue with violating the TOS of several service
>providers such as the major ones like geocities, xoom, and my own ISP
>who forbid linking to files directly from other web pages. It may
>not be a problem for you but you may jeopardize other people's
>accounts.

This seems to be a rather unfair policy. If I put a link from my site to
one of your pages you may not even find out (do you get the referrer
logs from your provider?) and in any case you cannot do anything against
it. Apart from that it is of course totally against the spirit of the
WWW to forbid links.

	hp

--

|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR     \ Durchbruch in der Bionik, und Microsoft geht
__/   | http://www.hjp.at/ \ auf den Markt.           -- Stefan Schaefer