POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Light source inside object/CSG warnings? : Light source inside object/CSG warnings? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Light source inside object/CSG warnings?
From: Steve
Date: 20 Mar 2000 19:09:53
Message: <slrn8ddf64.2mf.sjlen@zero-pps.localdomain>
I've got an object and I want a lightsource inside it,
so I used:

union{

      object{Whatever .....}

      light_source{<0,0,0>
                   color rgb 0.5
                  }
     }

or even:

union{

      object{Whatever .....}

      object{
             light_source{<0,0,0>
                          color rgb 0.5
                         }
            }
     }

With either of these I get a warning that a CSG should have more than
one object. So in order to make the warning go away I've tried:

object{Whatever .....

      light_source{<0,0,0>
                   color rgb 0.5
                  }
      }  // End of object.

This won't render I get an error message telling me that I must use
the new syntax.

So if someone could tell me how to get rid of the warnings or what
the new syntax is I'd be grateful.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:sjl### [at] ndirectcouk

web http://www.ndirect.co.uk/~sjlen/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

 11:48pm  up 1 day, 20:22,  7 users,  load average: 2.06, 1.57, 1.31