POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : cmedit.dll : Re: cmedit.dll Server Time
6 Oct 2024 03:35:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cmedit.dll
From: Ron Parker
Date: 8 Feb 2000 10:45:48
Message: <slrn8a0egs.v8.ron.parker@ron.gwmicro.com>
On Tue, 08 Feb 2000 14:00:32 +0800, Pabs wrote:
>Ron Parker wrote:
>
>> >contained in the povwin_src\windows\codemax dir of the source archive
>>
>> Quoting the README-BEFORE-UNZIPPING.TXT file from that directory:
>
>-where - I looked in ftp://ftp.povray.org/pub/povray/Official/Windows/
>          & povwin_s.zip\windows\codemax
>          & povwin_s.zip\windows
>          & povwin_s.zip
>          & all the reademe files in povwin_s.zip
>and CANNOT find the file README-BEFORE-UNZIPPING.TXT or the below mentioned
>text

It was there in the 3.1e version of the source; if it's missing from the
3.1g source, it must be an oversight.  I'll email it to you if you'd like.

>The reason I ask is:
>1 - To be able to add syntax highlighting for new keywords such as "photons"
>& "noise3d" etc. would be useful.

I wouldn't spend much time on this.  Syntax highlighting will almost certainly
be handled differently in 3.5.

>    duplicate the scene from the global Frame & opts structs into another pair
>of Frame & opts structs (specific to the current scene) - in progress

Careful.  There's a lot more to POV's current state than what you see in the
frame and opts structs.  Also, everything will change in this regard with 3.5.

>which compiler/s are the following lines specific to
>#include <vcl.h> - standard compiler header ??
>#pragma package(smart_init)
>#pragma resource "*.dfm"

They're specific to Borland C++ Builder, but the comments I posted before are
correct: that source cannot be built without parts that you don't have and
can't get.  It is for educational purposes only.