POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray user count : Re: povray user count Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:19:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray user count
From: Steve
Date: 6 Feb 2000 21:56:45
Message: <slrn89s2o4.10t.sjlen@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Mon, 31 Jan 2000 22:46:36 -0500, TonyB <ben### [at] panamac-comnet> wrote:
>>If there were another POV user in Bulgaria I would have heard about
>>him or her by now. This makes 1 in 8 million where I live. Unlikely I
>>think :)
>

>The best I got was a Lightwave user that had heard of POV. Since then, I've
>never met anyone who has even heard of it. I tried to persuade a friend of
>mine, but he's in love with 3D Studio Max. :(

I actually met another person face to face once who had used PovRay, or so he
said, he proceded to show me his work, and guess what he'd rendered the
example scenes and was very proud of them aswell. I doubt he uses Pov, he's
got the attention span of a goldfish.

I did used to know a guy who did some really good stuff on the Amiga in Real3D,
Imagin and I think he got a copy of LightWave in the end.

I once gave a diskett copy of POV to an art teacher, by now he and some of his
students might be using it, but they don't have net access where they are.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:sjl### [at] ndirectcouk

web http://www.ndirect.co.uk/~sjlen/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

 11:36pm  up  8:14,  3 users,  load average: 2.00, 2.09, 2.09