POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animation Tools and Image Converters for Linux, Where? : Re: Animation Tools and Image Converters for Linux, Where? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:18:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation Tools and Image Converters for Linux, Where?
From: Steve
Date: 30 Jan 2000 09:31:39
Message: <slrn897rm7.45i.sjlen@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Sun, 30 Jan 2000 00:22:09 -0600, Bob Hughes
<omn### [at] hotmailcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote:
>I use PSP or IrfanView to batch convert images, MS VidEdit for Avi encoding and
>CMpeg for Mpeg encoding.  The only commercial program I have for animations is
>VideoWave II, but it's very slow in putting the images together.  So those 4
>programs are really all I ever need and I only paid about 50$ for Paint Shop
>Pro.  It can be limiting and not great output, I just don't need anything
>better, for now anyway.
>PSP is at www.jasc.com
>IrfanView is at http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9227474/
>MS VidEdit is at
>http://www.sumrallworks.com/freebies/buttonhole/multimedia/avi/editor.htm
>CMpeg is at ftp://ftp.crs4.it/mpeg/programs/cmpeg10.zip
>The cmpeg Windows GUI front-end by Alexander Stols (Sander) is at
>http://stols.net/
>and there's also a tga to agif at http://members.xoom.com/amcfarlane/
>
>You'd be well to get IrfanView and Cmpeg (and it's frontend) at the very least,
>and VidEdit to put together Avi.

Great list there Bob, thanks for responding so quickly, but I forgot to mention
in my post that I'm using Linux.

I had the majority of those tools that you mention when I was using Win95,
I also used FMP, (I think they started charging for it the day after I
d/l'd it).  IrFanView is a priceless tool, shame there's nothing like that
for Unix.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:sjl### [at] ndirectcouk

web http://www.ndirect.co.uk/~sjlen/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  7:40am  up 1 day,  6:10,  3 users,  load average: 2.47, 2.16, 2.05