POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : what will be in the next major version of povray : Re: what will be in the next major version of povray Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:19:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: what will be in the next major version of povray
From: Ron Parker
Date: 8 Dec 1999 08:43:12
Message: <slrn84so3i.v8.ron.parker@ron.gwmicro.com>
On 8 Dec 1999 04:02:34 -0500, Nieminen Juha wrote:
>  Btw: Are there _any_ renderer that can do _real_ non-uniform transformations
>to objects?
>  Changing the location of triangle vertices is not real non-uniform
>transformation.

There is a paper out there somewhere - can't remember whether I saw it on the
web or in an old ACM publication - that talks about methods for tracing curved
rays.  It's still not perfect, because it essentially traces the curves as a
series of line segments, but at least it doesn't require tesselation.