POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : BUG in Povray 3.1 (smooth_triangle) : Re: BUG in Povray 3.1 (smooth_triangle) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 20:59:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: BUG in Povray 3.1 (smooth_triangle)
From: Ron Parker
Date: 25 Oct 1999 15:33:25
Message: <slrn819c3v.v8.parkerr@ron.gwmicro.com>
On Mon, 25 Oct 1999 21:17:24 +0200, Marc Schimmler wrote:
>Hi Michael!
>
>I fear this is the wrong group to report a bug. There's a group called
>povray.bugreports that suits your needs. It would also be nice if you
>wouldn't attach the files to your post because real newsreaders
>interpret them as binary which is very annoying for their users.
>If you want to make a proper bug report you should consider to use the
>way described in the manuals because the povray team doesn`t guarantee
>that they have a look into these group (although some individual have
>been seen here). :-)

.bugreports is a fairly good way to make bug reports these days,
especially now that it's moderated.  But please, please post a diff
of your changes instead of just posting the whole file.  Makes it a
little easier to see what you're trying to show.  Also, as Marc said,
don't post attachments if you can avoid it - paste the actual code
into the message if you can.  If not, post it in a binaries group
and tell us where to find it in the bug report message.