POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Any way to avoid repeated parsing? : Re: Any way to avoid repeated parsing? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:21:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Any way to avoid repeated parsing?
From: Ron Parker
Date: 21 Sep 1999 11:26:52
Message: <slrn7uf8ts.v8.parkerr@ron.gwmicro.com>
On Tue, 21 Sep 1999 11:12:16 +0200, Tomas Plachetka wrote:
>Well, if such a thing were really to be implemented, then
>I would suggest #endstatic instead of just #end.
>Using #end as a common construct terminator could lead to
>nesting problems, especially if several such contructs
>are needed in the future.

But #static is just a fancy way of saying "#if (this_is_the_first_parse)",
so it nests perfectly with other #ifs.  It has to, because otherwise you'll
hit an unmatched #end or an unmatched #if the second time you parse the file.
Unless you're thinking about something horrible like this

#static
  #if (0)
#endstatic
   object {wristband}
#static
  #end
#endstatic

to make the mat object only appear in frames after the first one. (does that
make it an antistatic mat?)  But that's a horrible, horrible corruption of
the purpose of #static (and wouldn't scale to multiple processors working on
the same animation.)