POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Focal blur confidence : Re: Focal blur confidence Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:12:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Focal blur confidence
From: Ron Parker
Date: 10 Aug 1999 20:47:31
Message: <slrn7r1i3c.mo.parkerr@linux.parkerr.fwi.com>
On Tue, 10 Aug 1999 20:39:47 -0400, Matt Giwer <mgi### [at] giwersworldorg> wrote:
>--------------AD72158577FF48AA6FA382F9
>
>	That confirms TIN being a primitive newreader.

No, it confirms that Netscape and Microsoft wouldn't recognize the relevant RFC
if it was crammed up their collective asses one page at a time.  Any decent
newsreader has the same problem with vcards.

>	So now the polite request is to switch modes depending upon
>which newsgroup?

No, the polite request is and has been to ditch the vcard.  Only other Netscape
users can make any use of it, and it conveys no additional useful information.

>> I'm usually happy to just ignore it, but when people are wrong and then
>> get belligerent about their right to be wrong rather than solving the
>> problem, it starts to bother me.
>
>	So far as I can tell, one person appears to have a problem. And
>his problem is that his newsreader is the lowest common
>denominator. And if you do not mind, that bothers me. If someone
>wants to complain my website is not compatible with Lynx, I do
>not think my response would be belligerant.

Actually, I count at least three different people who have said vcards
irritate them.  My newsreader is hardly the least common denominator
(the math guy in me says there is no such thing anyway) as it has features
yours doesn't and never will, such as the ability to score posts.

>	As to rude, I direct your attention to his first post to me on
>the subject.

I see.  The fact that he was rude to you justifies you being rude to him.
I'm so glad I skipped kindergarten, if that's what they're teaching these
days.