POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : New multithreading / distributed-rendering-patch for 3.5 ? : Re: New multithreading / distributed-rendering-patch for 3.5 ? Server Time
20 Sep 2024 19:05:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New multithreading / distributed-rendering-patch for 3.5 ?
From: Peter Popov
Date: 29 Oct 2002 04:38:04
Message: <sklsru04lbttniuph83q4d12fa9o6lll0s@4ax.com>
On Mon, 28 Oct 2002 19:48:57 +0100, "Thorsten Froehlich"
<tho### [at] trfde> wrote:

>In article <4vnqruok75a559c8hapssi52iuih42ur31@4ax.com> , Peter Popov
><pet### [at] vipbg>  wrote:
>
>> What about Francois Dispot and his PVMegaPOV?
>
>It isn't multithreaded at all...

Definitely not, but at least you can get multiple instances to
cooperate. The radiosity octree data is shared, too, so that solves a
major problem.

It might be worth a deeper look. He kept me up to date with it until
some time ago, but it was far beyond my understanding of the code to
really grasp what he was talking about.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg