POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Walking : Re: Walking Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:23:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Walking
From: Stephen
Date: 20 Jun 2009 14:11:20
Message: <sh9q35th15df079n34obc5dibdvc3vaqfq@4ax.com>
On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 09:45:41 -0700, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote:

>Stephen wrote:
>> Something that I hate doing as my feet ache all the time
>
>I had this for a while. Try this: Before getting up and putting any weight
>onyour feet in the morning, loop a cord (say, a bathrobe belt) around the
>balls of your foot, lie back, and pull slow and steady to stretch the toes
>towards your knees.  This will stretch out the tendons on the bottom of your
>foot before you put your weight on them, if that's about where your feet hurt.

It's worth a try. I do something similar if I have cramp in my calf. I don't use
a cord but force my heel out and at the same time point my big toe backwards,
hard.
My problem has, I think, something to do with my shoes. I noticed that I wasn't
having any pain when I was wearing steel toe capped boots even when I was on my
feet all day. So now I wear old fashioned solid leather soled ankle boots. They
cost a small fortune but it's worth it. Suddenly my feet will hurt again and I
know it's time to buy more shoes.

Thanks for listening, I needed that.
--

Regards