POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Spherical Isosurface + HieghtMap : Re: Spherical Isosurface + HieghtMap Server Time
6 Aug 2024 12:22:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spherical Isosurface + HieghtMap
Date: 25 Mar 2002 14:16:49
Message: <sgtu9u87d7i9966rv1gbas3sra9nmisohe@4ax.com>
On Mon, 25 Mar 2002 14:11:39 -0500, "Corey Woodworth" <cdw### [at] mpinetnet>
wrote:
> Yes, but my bump map is *very* large. Much larger than I could make the resolution
> of the mesh without running out of memory i think.

Do you really think you see all details on 800x600 render ?

> Slower to render? Its definetly faster to parse!

but when you adjust values and start adjusting of enviroment, in case on mesh
you can use include file with fast parsing, in case of isosurface you can't
use include file with fast rendering

> Yes but its not limited to the resolution of  the mesh. And even if it is
> limited to the resoultion of the height field, that resolution is a lot higher than
> can (practically) make the mesh.

The question is, do you really need it ? Do you really make posters with
dimensions 8000x6000

> Still I know very little about this and could be very
> wrong. Please correct me if I am :)

You are right abot accuracy. But You are using wrong method for spherical
mapping for so small image dimensions as presented in p.b.i.

ABX