POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Irony : Re: Irony Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:17:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Irony
From: Stephen
Date: 23 Apr 2008 19:11:52
Message: <sggv04pj487f8oqrdqu83t7odaoapci3go@4ax.com>
On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 21:50:02 +0100, Orchid XP v8 <voi### [at] devnull>
wrote:

>Somebody sent me a text message that ended with "this message is not
>available in arabic, [...] or any other **** immigrant tongue!"
>
>I just found it interesting that "immigrant" is basically a Latin word,
>brought to us from Italy when the Romans invaded Britan. And "tongue" is
>from an old German language, from when they invided Britan.
>
>In fact, you know what? Basically "our" entire language was created by
>these hated "immigrants". So next time you curse them, just remember
>that the words you're using to do it with are words THEY INVENTED!
>
>Irony, much?

Some of us still consider you Angels and Saxons et al as immigrants.
With your invading and pillaging, taking all the good jobs,
undercutting the rest. And the food! Made these isles the laughing
stock of the culinary world.
--

Regards
     Stephen