POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Softglow example : Re: Softglow example Server Time
4 Aug 2024 08:22:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Softglow example
From: ABX
Date: 18 Aug 2003 07:41:45
Message: <sge1kv4d9bef3tuo0nb7onjubqtmtohgrc@4ax.com>
On 18 Aug 2003 07:29:29 -0400, "Rafal 'Raf256' Maj" <spa### [at] raf256com> wrote:
> > Wrong. MinGW is not able to compile raw POV with _WinGUI_. There
> > should be not problem with compiling console application
>
> Hmm I realy like GUI but no problem.
> Heres an idea - You will introduce me to recomiling pov[1] if You have time
> to help me by email, and then I will write this patches mentioned above.
> Deal :) ?

No :-)
I do not agree for email. If there can be some problems there is a chance
somebody in the fututre will have those problems too. Feel free to ask in
povray.unofficial.patches or if necessary in povray.programming and answer to
your question will be available for others. That's how sharing knowledge work
best. Be aware I do not know DevC package.

> btw. it's not so simple, because to add more chanels and special chanels
> like flags - each ray must store all informations (RGB, user*, info).

It is simple :-) Main intersection test returns pointer to intersected object.

ABX