POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : isosurfaces? : Re: isosurfaces? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:24:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: isosurfaces?
From: Mike Williams
Date: 4 Nov 2003 01:04:49
Message: <sE0oeAALtzp$EwYn@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Matthew Pace who wrote:
>Hello, I am currently having trouble with isosurfaces.  I am currently
>checking out the documentation,
>http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/index.htm  and
>http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/pov__eng.htm
>
>As far as i can tell, everything seems fine syntax wise, but when I write
>
>#declare Sphere= function {x*x+y*y+z*z-R*R} //both with and without semi
>colon at the end of the declare statement
>
>isosurface
>{
>   function{Sphere(/*any vars here, as long as theres 4*/)}
>   threshold 0
>   texture{...}
>}//lets say this is line 37
>
>i get an error stating that I placed an } aat line 37 where there was an
>expected parameter/float.
>
>I have tried adding other parameters, but i always get this error.  why
>is it?
>
>Thanks, Matt

There's nothing wrong with the code fragments that you've shown here
(except that it should be "any vars here, as long as there's 3", if you
give it 4 you get "Invalid number of parameters: 4 supplied, 3
required"). My guess would be that your texture{...} or some other
modifier that you've omitted is incomplete.

If you still can't spot your typo, you'll need to post a larger chunk of
code, and actually copy the code from the scene rather than retyping it.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure