POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Strange behaviour with image map : Re: Strange behaviour with image map Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:25:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange behaviour with image map
From: ABX
Date: 22 May 2003 13:02:12
Message: <s90qcvsdvjrh1ame9ajvd2rvv21cvegilj@4ax.com>
On Tue, 20 May 2003 20:16:23 EDT, "Steely" <Rob### [at] hamburgde> wrote:
> 3) warp will not work because it shows strange effects when scaling  - If I
> were  able to explain that, maybe I would not need to ask in *newusers* ;-)

Perhaps you have applied transformations in wrong order. Open empty scene. Put
there Basic scene from scene templates. Replace last object (sphere) with:

sphere {
  0.0, 1
  texture {
    pigment {
      radial
      frequency 8
      color_map {
        [0.00 color rgb <1.0,0.4,0.2> ]
        [0.33 color rgb <0.2,0.4,1.0> ]
        [0.66 color rgb <0.4,1.0,0.2> ]
        [1.00 color rgb <1.0,0.4,0.2> ]
      }
    }
    finish{
      specular 0.6
    }
  }
  texture{
    pigment{
      image_map{png "povmap.png" once}
      translate -.5
      scale .1
      translate .5
      warp{spherical}
    }
    rotate y*270
  }
}

Do not worry about "povmap.png" image. It should be in 'include' search path.
This image appear only once and is done as layer with transparency, is
positioned in <0,0,0> <1,1,0> flat area and then mapped onto sphere with warp.
Helped ?

ABX