POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3D Panoramas and Objects ala POV-Ray : Re: 3D Panoramas and Objects ala POV-Ray Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:10:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D Panoramas and Objects ala POV-Ray
From: Glen Berry
Date: 14 Mar 2000 03:15:40
Message: <rvLNOJ8AInr5SOQVbA3fSjs0u=RN@4ax.com>
On Fri, 10 Mar 2000 20:27:34 -0800, "Jon A. Cruz"
<jon### [at] geocitiescom> wrote:

>By any chance can you get free AOL CD's where you are? That's a quick way
>over here to get MSIE 5.0 and I think it includes their VM.

I had a friend screw-up another friend's machine by installing AOL's
software. He already had an internet provider (ATT WorldNet) and
already had a browser installed. After the AOL install, almost all his
settings regarding the internet were automatically changed without
asking him first. He could no longer access his email or much else. It
took me a good deal of effort to reset everything for him again.

Of course the person who tried to install AOL could have always made
some sort of mistake, I guess. Neither one of these fellows was
extremely computer litterate, but I thought the first fellow could
have handled an AOL install.

Later,
Glen Berry