POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Fractals : Re: Fractals Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:17:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fractals
From: Peter Popov
Date: 16 Feb 2001 16:08:19
Message: <rrgp8tkc5atk2eldab51th1qpar41i2ihg@4ax.com>
On Thu, 15 Feb 2001 21:04:18 GMT, eso### [at] scacscdk (Erkki

>It's been a long time, but try searching for "apolonian packing of
>circles" at google or the like. You may have try try seaching on
>variations on ap(p)ol(l)onian, I'm not sure of the spelling since it's
>been 10 years or more since I messed with it. It got 'interesting'
>trying to make a 3d version, but I never got it working right in 3d.

Was it Marthin Gardner who had chosen a bachelor's thesis along the
lines of "Optimal Packing of Equisized Spheres In 27-Dimensional
Space"? It gets even odder... he provided diagrams :)

I am not sure if it was him. I know I read something along these lines
in one of his books, not sure which volume though :)

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg