POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : JPEG2000 : Re: JPEG2000 Server Time
4 Aug 2024 00:26:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JPEG2000
From: IMBJR
Date: 11 Mar 2004 15:28:44
Message: <rqi1509elnnjb93hssqsf3kskegi9t1tn1@4ax.com>
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 01:02:08 +0100, andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:

>>>That again is not true, you responded rude to various people that
>>>were not rude to you. May be you though that they were rude, but
>>>more often than not _I_ could not see it. For me most of your
>>>attacks came totally out of the blue.
>>

>> You obviously are missing the full context. I suggest you re-read the
>> thread and you will see this did not appear out-of-the-blue.
>Sorry to disappoint you, the world is a better place than you
>think it is.

Try telling that to the Palestinians, the Chechians, the this the
that. Sorry. No doughnut.

> Most of it is still out of the blue for me. You
>have been attacking people who made totally innocent remarkt.
>Either you or me has a totally distorted view of the world.

Probably both, I would imagine.

>> That's why people debate, because of differences!
>Sometimes. But if the problem is in definition of a
>certain term, my experience is that any discussion is
>pointless untill you agree on the meaning of a term.

The philsopher's way out eh? Let's get mired in semantics and get no
place fast.

>> Strange how you did not get the replies you wanted though, isn't it?
>No, and I do not understand this remark. It feels as if you
>try to imply that I wanted you react in a certain way.

Your feelings do not betray you.

>That
>is precisely what I did not wanted. Believe me, I mean what
>I say, without any hidden agendas. Basically I am just a naive
>guy who thinks the world is full of nice people and treats everybody
>as if they are.

If only it were. But surely you read the papers?

>You will be surprised at the number of times I
>have been disappointed in others (my best estimate would be
>3-5 times in my entire live, but I may be just lucky with
>my friends, relatives, and coworkers).

I dunno, I would have thought that's about the going rate.

><sigh> I don't see why. Unless you really mean that whatever
>I (or anybody else) say, you will be rude as you see fit.
>Otherwise I really do not see why we can not have a
>civilized discussion.

We are! I'm not saying we are sipping tea together - but believe me
this is civil.

>> I doubt it. Time would not have corrected what had happened. The
>> offense would still have been present - no doubt compounded by
>> people's jocular remarks on top of it as they remarked on the offense.
>>
>If you stop feeling hurt because somebody offended you,
>and take that as an excuse for being rude to anyone else
>in the same thread, within two weeks everything will be forgotten.

Perhaps for you, but I live in the real world.

>And that will be one week or less if you apologize to
>the people in this group and promise in these NGs to be
>nice and friendly. (Correct me if I am wrong, but I
>think the changes of you apologizing are slim to say the
>least. Yet naive silly boy that I am, I always think
>people wil do what they ought to).

Very naive. Indeed.

>> Again, for me a personal attack does not involve words.
>(Here is the other example of a mismatch in definition.)
>Come on, you know what _I_ mean. I knew already what it means
>for you and will supply that definition when _you_ use it.
>One of the basic rules in a discussion is that you try
>to understand what the other peorson is saying (i.e. what
>he/she means). Assuming that someone else means the same
>thing as you would when you say it is a fundamental mistake.
>Sorry, if I offend you by reiterating that, but I think
>you made that mistake a lot of times in this discussions
>and that it is the main reason for you to think that
>everybody is after you.

Yawn. That is like teaching of the sucking of the eggs.

>So, I think I have said what I intended to say. I do not
>feel that this discussion is productive. This wil be my
>last post, unless you come up with a new and surprising
>insight.

Like any usenet discussion is?

>I hope to see you again in these NGs and that can only
>happen if I do not put you in the killfile. If you are nice
>and friendly with me and the others I might even forget
>the whole concept of the killfile and return happily to
>my normal naive ground state.

Tee-hee!

>	Andrel

My First Subgenius Picture Book: