POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Now here's a good waste of time : Re: Now here's a good waste of time Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:19:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Now here's a good waste of time
From: Stephen
Date: 15 Dec 2007 04:31:30
Message: <rl77m391t1361konj70v18otlrfa17met5@4ax.com>
On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 08:36:24 EST, "Mike the Elder" <zer### [at] wyanorg>
wrote:

>Thanks, Stephen, for filling in the info whilst I was away. Those unreasonable
>people who provide my paycheck sometimes insist that I devote myself to the
>silly tasks they assign to me for two or three hours... in a SINGLE day! ;-)

I'm glad it meets with your approval Mike. I should have mentioned Hal Clement
and Clifford D Simak as well. Oh! And John Wyndham to represent the Brits.

I don't know if I can wholly agree with you on Space Opera. Most modern Space
Operas are other genre set in the stars and are just long. But have you read:
Tiger! Tiger! Or "The stars are my destination" by Alfred Bester? One novel but
it could be set to music.
Alastair Reynolds's "Revelation Space" series? I've mentioned this before.
Vernor Vinge's  "A Fire Upon the Deep"?

There are a few but you have to sift a lot of dross to find a gem.

Are you in a union, is there someone you can complain to about your paymaster's
unreasonable demands? :)
BTW I envy your nome de plume. Stevie the Senile doesn't have the same ring :)

Regards
	Stephen