POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : attn: pov programmers : Re: attn: pov programmers Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:36:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: attn: pov programmers
From: Peter Popov
Date: 18 Jul 2000 05:44:01
Message: <rf98nsotr2ndpj20lk6fr6s6ta3g54e7d3@4ax.com>
On 18 Jul 2000 05:30:53 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>: But that would be slooow, especially with isosurfaces, text, CSG,
>: julias, polys etc.

>  Why should it be any slower than the usual way?

Because the rendered would have to find all intersections for every
object. It would be almost as slow as if all objects in the scene had
some transparency. If rays were shot backwards to the camera then only
the first intersection would have to be found (unless there's
transparency etc. you know how it goes)

>  Don't tell me you think that it takes time for the ray to travel from
>infinity to the scene? :)

It doesn't? :)

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet