POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Questions on a friday afternoon : Re: Questions on a friday afternoon Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:20:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Questions on a friday afternoon
From: Stephen
Date: 31 Aug 2008 05:17:10
Message: <rbokb45ai0uh35kgoirc7bqdmtlkontgqh@4ax.com>
On 31 Aug 2008 04:41:29 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>> Two functions are "equivilent" if, given the same arguments, they
>> produce the same result. (For all possible arguments.)
>
>  No dictionary I have tried knows that word.
>
>  Are you sure you don't mean "equivalent"?

A nod to a blind horse. ;)
I find that in a lot of posts on the internet you have to say to yourself. "Is
that a typo or what did he mean?" Especially when communicating between
different versions of English or generations.

"Equivilent" is a phonetic spelling of "equivalent" in certain areas of the UK.
I.e. that is how it is pronounced.
--

Regards
     Stephen