POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Another Links Page Question : Re: Another Links Page Question Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:13:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another Links Page Question
From: Mike Williams
Date: 2 Apr 2000 15:59:56
Message: <rHGxcAA6n154EwlQ@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it sighmoan who wrote:

>"Ken" <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote in message
>

>> I always verify the links before adding them. I could find none that
>> returned an error even after rechecking all 25 of the newest links.
>> It does look like the makers of XTC were a little premature in submitting
>> their link but the notice says it should be available after the first
>> of April so hopefully the wait will be worth it.
>

>"Cannot find server or DNS Error"
>
>...on the isosurface tutorial link, this morning and just now.
>
>strange.

There was a glitch at the ISP that I put my isosurface tutorial on, on
Friday night (British Summer Time), but that would only explain the one
that happened "this morning" your time - unless something near your end
has cached the error message and is failing to refresh the page.

My ISPs status log says:-

21:33 Mar 31:  We are experiencing problems which are causing news and
homepages to be unavailable. Engineers are investigating.

23:57 Mar 31: The above problems with news and homepages are now
resolved.

--
Mike Williams *+ ###
Gentleman of Leisure