POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering part of an image in black and white : Re: Rendering part of an image in black and white Server Time
4 Aug 2024 00:28:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering part of an image in black and white
From: ABX
Date: 26 Aug 2003 07:01:47
Message: <r5fmkvobr2og1duds82hrqa8dh9calnpt5@4ax.com>
On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 11:51:05 +0100, Kaveh
<kav### [at] delete_this_bitfocalimagecom> wrote:
> Thanks very much for taking the time to write this. Plenty of new stuff
> for me to learn here.

Have a good time with it :-)

> Can I just confirm, this needs two renderings, one to create the first
> png, another to map it onto the 'screen'. Any possibility of a single
> render?

In fact the way I did it it needs three renderings: image, mask, combination
of image and mask. You don't have to create mask into separate image so you
can do it in two renderings too. mask can be any function which returns floats
gray values within area <0,0,0>-<1,1,0>. To have single process you can use
POST_SCENE_COMMAND and/or POST_FRAME_COMMAND ini options - see manual. In
MegaPOV 1.1 it will be possible to make everything in single render but
MegaPOV 1.1 has to wait with release :-(

ABX