POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Round_Box #macro (in shapes.inc) and negative values : Re: Round_Box #macro (in shapes.inc) and negative values Server Time
6 Aug 2024 08:12:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Round_Box #macro (in shapes.inc) and negative values
From: Felix Wiemann
Date: 22 Apr 2002 13:56:30
Message: <r4j1aa.1c1.ln@wiemann.my-fqdn.de>
Christoph Hormann wrote:
> The modeller should take care of this itself.

An if it doesn't? :)

> In fact i even think a box with two identical points should generate
> an error or warning since it is not very clear if this results in no
> object
> or a single point.

A single point, I think. But you're right, a warning might be helpful.

> Equally it's not clear what to make of a cylinder
> with identical end and base point (you could expect nothing, a point
> or a sphere), just dropping it would be incorrect.

I expect a disc. :)
Of course it's not clear what's the resulting object, but why not
dropping it *with a warning*, so the user is noticed that something may
go wrong? What's the problem with that? Isn't that better than stopping
with an error?

Felix Wiemann