POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Detail-Tracker... Asking for Features : Re: Detail-Tracker... Asking for Features Server Time
4 Aug 2024 20:13:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Detail-Tracker... Asking for Features
From: ABX
Date: 17 Feb 2003 07:34:57
Message: <r3l15v4ppao807hso2le32731m9ipa1aal@4ax.com>
On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 13:23:38 +0100, "Tim Nikias" <tim### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> In a seperate file, I'm saving all input settings, and then
> compare these input settings to the ones formerly saved.
> If they are the same, and if the file exists, it will just
> be loaded.

My idea was that instead of having second file with parameters, you can use
filename to store settings. Whole version checking is made via file_exist().
For example:

#macro Make_Mesh(X_Grid,Y_Grid)
  #local FileName = "my_mesh_" ;
  #local FileName = concat( FileName , str( X_Grid , 0 , 0 ) );
  #local FileName = concat( FileName , "_" );
  #local FileName = concat( FileName , str( Y_Grid , 0 , 0 ) );
  #local FileName = concat( FileName , ".mcr" );
  #if(file_exist(FileName))
    #include FileName
  #else
    #fopen MyFile FileName write
    :
    #write (MyFile,...)
    :
    #fclose MyFile
  #end
#end

> This makes it possible to use the system for all kinds of
> files, may it be meshes as pure vector-data, or the meshes
> plus triangles themselves, or CSG etc etc.

This makes it possible too :-)

ABX