POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Some help with Media please. : Some help with Media please. Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:24:35 EDT (-0400)
  Some help with Media please.
From: Stephen McAvoy
Date: 30 Dec 2003 10:21:47
Message: <qu53vvosn5it1kkor4vts10ajlpu6agfod@4ax.com>
I am trying to create a scene that has a visible spotlight. I've got the
spotlight showing OK but the rest of the scene is under illuminated. The spot
and the target are in a Media Container. I have added two omni lights that don't
react with Media but they don't do a lot. If I make the omni lights react with
Media I get a whiteout. I'm doing this in Moray so a scene would have a lot of
junk in it.

The Media settings are:
      texture
      {
         pigment
         {
            color rgbf <1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0>
         }
      }
      interior
      {
         media  // MyAtmosphere_1_1
         {
            variance 1.0/128.205128
            scattering
            {
               1 ,  rgb <1.0, 1.0, 1.0> // isotropic scattering
               extinction 0.15
            }
         }
      }