POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of conspiracy theories : Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:15:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories
From: Stephen
Date: 3 Aug 2009 05:53:44
Message: <qrcd7513o445j731g85fr3vjn3g31n1nfv@4ax.com>
On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 20:30:56 +0200, andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

>> I do the same or so my wife tells me.

>Take this advice of another victim of this strange behaviour: stop it.
>;) Learn to use phrases like 'he asked me if I would...' in stead of
>'will you...' and 'I asked her if...' in stead of 'will you...'. It will
>make the life of the listener so much easier. Also restrict yourself to
>the main points and don't act like a tape recorder, that will help the
>listener also to understand what you find the most important, and it
>saves time.

I don't recognise myself in that paragraph (maybe it does not translate well). I
tend to say "he said" and "he did" without mentioning which "he" I mean. But
with a little effort on the listener's part, mentally shifting subjects when the
sense is lost, understanding can be obtained :P
I tend to oscillate between speaking very precisely, as if I were writing a
functional spec and being too sloppy.
--

Regards
     Stephen