POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Proposing MovieProject! (was "Group Movie Project", was "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!") : Re: Proposing MovieProject! (was "Group Movie Project", was"POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!") Server Time
14 Aug 2024 07:20:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proposing MovieProject! (was "Group Movie Project", was"POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!")
From: Thomas Willhalm
Date: 13 May 1998 11:47:37
Message: <qqmyaw6maue.fsf@uni-konstanz.de>
"Johannes Hubert" <jhu### [at] algonetse> writes:

> Thomas Willhalm wrote in message ...
> >Two remarks:
> >1. Why must the film so negativ? Basically, it's the same old story over
> >and over again: Bad aliens are invading the earth. Why not some good ones,
> >that generate an athmosphere and plant trees around "pathfinder" on mars?
>
> Nobody said it has to be (or even will be) negative. The theme of the movie
> has yet to be found...

I was referring to the story Gary suggested. In my opinion, it is "negative",
since the aliens are invading the earth (just like in "The War of Worlds",
"Independence Day", "Mars Attacks", etc.).

I think the suggestions to use an well-known old (and therefore not
copyrighted) short story is the best idea.

> Bye the way, did you think about joining?

Well, yes and no. The project is very interesting and I really would like
to join the team. But on the other hand, I probably won't have the time.
So I decided to follow the discussion more passively than actively. Perhaps
I will be able to provide some computer power (we have several Sun boxes
here), but I don't want to promise that I have the time to create one or
two models.

ThW

--
Tho### [at] uni-konstanzde