POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPov 0.4 Now Available (Windows/Macintosh) : Re: MegaPov 0.4 Now Available (Windows/Macintosh) Server Time
6 Oct 2024 09:38:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPov 0.4 Now Available (Windows/Macintosh)
From: Thomas Willhalm
Date: 3 Feb 2000 03:57:23
Message: <qqmog9y64uj.fsf@schlatt.fmi.uni-konstanz.de>
Chris Huff <chr### [at] yahoocom> writes:

> In article <qqm### [at] schlattfmiuni-konstanzde>, Thomas
> Willhalm <tho### [at] willhalmde> wrote:
>
> > In frame.h it says:
> >     #define CLOCKDIVIDER CLK_TCK /*provided by standard c? */
> > and as far as I know the answer is "No". According to the documentation
> > available to me, you should use CLOCK_PER_SEC instead and include
> > <time.h>.
>
> Actually, it is CLOCKS_PER_SEC. :-)
> I don't know about whether it is standard or not, but I had to modify my
> compile to use it instead of CLK_TCK. It took a bit of searching through
> headers to find out about that annoying little "S".

I'm sorry about wasting your time. I should have used copy'n'paste instead
of typing.

According to Plauger/Brodie "Standard C" CLOCKS_PER_SEC is standard.
(Yes, I know that this book is from Microsoft Press, but let's assume
that their books contain less errors than their software.)

Thomas

--
http://thomas.willhalm.de/ (includes pgp key)