POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray 3.1 for Unix : Re: Povray 3.1 for Unix Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:15:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray 3.1 for Unix
From: Thomas Willhalm
Date: 15 Dec 1998 05:12:33
Message: <qqm90g9af3i.fsf@goldach.fmi.uni-konstanz.de>
Marc Schimmler <sch### [at] icauni-stuttgartde> writes:

> I think they first cared for the Windows platform because this is what
> most of the user are using (and maybe they use it too). I fear that the
> supporters of UNIX platform are few in the team and there is a lot of
> work to do (especially the editor in 3.1).

I honestly hope that they don't waste their time in porting the Windows
editor to Unix. I think that everyone who uses Unix has his/her own
favorite editor. Furthermore, Unix users are used to the command line
and ASCII configuration files. They don't need a nice GUI, but want the
new features of POV-Ray 3.1 (and the source code :-) ).

However, I might totally wrong.

Thomas

--
http://www.fmi.uni-konstanz.de/~willhalm