POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Proposing MovieProject! (was "Group Movie Project", was "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!") : Re: Proposing MovieProject! (was "Group Movie Project", was"POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!") Server Time
14 Aug 2024 05:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proposing MovieProject! (was "Group Movie Project", was"POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!")
From: Thomas Willhalm
Date: 13 May 1998 03:50:28
Message: <qqm3eeeobi3.fsf@uni-konstanz.de>
"Gary Shannon" <reb### [at] teleportcom> writes:

> In case anyone is interested I've attached a synopsis of the short Sci-Fi
> movie I've started making.  It might make a good "10-minute" project, as
> was suggested earlier.

Two remarks:
1. Why must the film so negativ? Basically, it's the same old story over
and over again: Bad aliens are invading the earth. Why not some good ones,
that generate an athmosphere and plant trees around "pathfinder" on mars?
2. One of the strength of POV-Ray over scanline renderers is the correct
rendering of reflections and refractions. Be sure to include glass and
mirrors to take advantage of this strength.

Just my $0.02

ThW

--
Tho### [at] uni-konstanzde