POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to read povray help? : Re: How to read povray help? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:31:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to read povray help?
From: Thomas Willhalm
Date: 23 Sep 1998 11:47:18
Message: <qqm3e9ihone.fsf@goldach.fmi.uni-konstanz.de>
Nieminen Mika <war### [at] assaricctutfi> writes:

>   Does anyone have a good idea how can I read the documentation of the new
> povray 3.1? I haven't used the new features at all because I don't know
> how to use them and what's the syntax. Why? Because I can't read the
> documentation.
>   The documentation is a huge text file which is impossible to read. I have
> no editor which can read that large text files (in DOS), and searching about
> a subject is a real pain. The text is also so unclearly formatted that
> reading it is also a pain.

What about getting Lynx for DOS and reading the HTML-version of the docs.
Lynx is a textmode browser. It can be downloaded from various places, e.g.
ftp://ftp.leo.org/pub/comp/os/dos/networking/tcpip/
You can give lynx a file name as URL to access local files.

Personally, I read the documentation with Netscape Navigator on Sun Solaris.

Thomas
--
http://www.fmi.uni-konstanz.de/~willhalm