POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Dual processors? : Re: Dual processors? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:36:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dual processors?
From: Thomas Willhalm
Date: 21 Jan 1999 09:44:33
Message: <qqm3e54k7n2.fsf@goldach.fmi.uni-konstanz.de>
Marc Schimmler <sch### [at] icauni-stuttgartde> writes:

> Mike Varley wrote:
>
> None of the official builds do!
> For Linux (I guess this is only for Linux maybe for UNIX in general as
> well (Hi Mika! ;-)  )) exists a version called PVMpov which i slocated
> at
>
> http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/6386/pvmpov/index.html

It works perfectly with Sun/Solaris. According to
http://www.haveland.com/cgi-bin/getpovb.pl?search=&submit=Submit
it works also with Cray/UNICOS, Onyx/irix, HP/UX, IBM/Aix.

> About NT I can't say anything. Never used it.

Theoretically, it should be possible to compile PVM-Pov using cygwin
(www.cygnus.com). I never heared of a successful compilation, though...

Thomas

--
http://www.fmi.uni-konstanz.de/~willhalm