POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Custom reference point for perspective camera? : Re: Custom reference point for perspective camera? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:22:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Custom reference point for perspective camera?
From: Lazarus Plath
Date: 21 Oct 2004 11:21:04
Message: <qqazxxsw-710F8D.10210021102004@news.povray.org>
In article <web.4177a747cdaafef5d114d2650@news.povray.org>,
 "Jonathan" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> Somehow I feel it is impossible to do this right,

here's another link to look at
http://www.cip.physik.uni-muenchen.de/~wwieser/render/stereo/create.html
has pov code

Also, about the look_at point. I had a friend that was very much into
stereo photographs. When I was making some he said it's better to not
have the camera point at something but should be looking out parallel,
causes less eye strain. There were lots of other technical info he had
but this is the only that stuck with me. I just shift the camera to the
side keeping it parallel and compose those two images. Our brains are
always working with distorted input, it's used to things being different
sizes etc. -laz