POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : What is a "binary utility" ? : Re: What is a "binary utility" ? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:04:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What is a "binary utility" ?
From: Alan Kong
Date: 15 Sep 1999 23:44:02
Message: <qmHgN16o=n2Y8aWcdVf1xDm6rf0J@4ax.com>
On Wed, 15 Sep 1999 23:13:39 +0300, Margus Ramst <mar### [at] peakeduee> wrote:

>It could be argued that macros and most include files are not scene-files, they
>are utilities. I have always thought the .binaries part simply meant it is
>appropriate to post attached/zipped macros here and pasted macros to...
>povray.text.utilities? (I know it doesn't exist)

  Hi, Margus. Okay, we've got three possible groups to post macros and
include files:

- povray.binaries.utilities
- povray.text.scene-files
- povray.binaries.scene-files

  If macros and include files are compared with both third-party executable
programs and POV-Ray scene files, they are more clearly associated with the
scene files. This is the criteria on which I based my opinions. And it is
just an opinion - I don't foresee any sort of official policy towards this
end. It isn't really a problem. I was just thinking about where *I* would
look first for macros and include files that are posted in the groups.

--
news.povray.org - where POV-Ray enthusiasts around the world can get