POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Faces : Re: Faces Server Time
1 Jun 2024 18:48:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Faces
From: Bernd Klenk
Date: 29 Mar 2004 03:00:56
Message: <q8lf6090ugmt835n0qcnr59fnj8qivc9d6@4ax.com>
On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 10:30:20 -0800, Lutz Kretzschmar <lut### [at] stmuccom>
wrote:

>Hi Remy Closset, you recently wrote in moray.win:
>
>> Thanks for your response. You can imagine how difficult and long it is to
>> make use of the actual edge splitting method .
>How would you ideally like it to work? What do you want to be able to
>do with what keys/buttons?
>
>- Lutz

Mhh...this is not so easy...I think...

1. I want to select a rectangular face
2. Then we need a button called: Split Face in 2/4 Faces
3. An optionbox/window could appear, asking to split in how many
faces( 2 or 4)
Splitting to 4 faces should be clear (symetrical, from center of all
edges) but splitting to 2 faces is bit more difficult, because there
are two solutions to this. (North-South <-or-> East-West)

Damn... I didn't think of that.
Maybe someone else has a good idea?!?

How do other modellers cope with this problem?

--
Bernd