POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Tool recommendation for generating a movie : Re: Tool recommendation for generating a movie Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:19:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tool recommendation for generating a movie
From: ABX
Date: 17 Oct 2004 05:26:50
Message: <q7e4n01u2i9jd2oge4uo30f7e2dmkplltf@4ax.com>
On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 05:05:14 EDT, "Andy C" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Then I need to convert each .pov to a .bmp.

You mean... render it? :-)

> I haven't found a good way of
> doing this... is there a way to programmatically access the queue in POV?

well...

1. create empty master.pov
2. set COUNTER=1
3. set FILENAME to name of first pov file in given set
4. append to master.pov file

     #if(frame_number=$(counter))
       #include "$(FILENAME).pov"
     #endif

5. set FILENAME to name of next pov file in given set
6. if FILENAME not empty then increase COUNTER and jump to 4)
7. render master.pov using initial frame=1 and final frame=COUNTER

Helped ?

ABX