POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bent text? : Re: Bent text? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:24:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bent text?
From: Peter Popov
Date: 14 Feb 2002 15:44:23
Message: <pugn6uo5qscbokvkaua1e76o25fj0mb19u@4ax.com>
On Thu, 14 Feb 2002 15:14:43 +0200, "Hershel Robinson"
<her### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

>I would like to model a column with words engraved or carved into or out of
>(i.e. protruding from) the column.  I don't know how to create 3D letters
>which are curved to match the column, however.

Type your text in a paint program or render it white-on-black in POV,
then use the resulting image to displace an isosurface. Some blurring
on the image would help as it would decrease the gradient of the
isosurface and will reduce render times. It will probably look better,
too.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg