POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : some question about windows cmd Server Time
28 Mar 2024 20:46:35 EDT (-0400)
  some question about windows cmd (Message 1 to 10 of 18)
From: 944291641
Subject: some question about windows cmd
Date: 18 Mar 2018 11:05:00
Message: <web.5aae7f0929bb444d8d9f08a40@news.povray.org>
when i use windows cmd to execute my pov program,it cannot find some file in the
path of pov program:
for example:
my cmd is:"start pvengine /render G:\\patht_to_code\\model.ini"
and code like this:
+ source
  t1.pov // it contain "#include "TOMLEAF.inc"" ,but no means
  TOMLEAF.inc
  something else

could anyone help me? thanks a million!

Post a reply to this message

> when i use windows cmd to execute my pov program,it cannot find some file in the
> path of pov program:
> for example:
> my cmd is:"start pvengine /render G:\\patht_to_code\\model.ini"
> and code like this:
> + source
>    t1.pov // it contain "#include "TOMLEAF.inc"" ,but no means
>    TOMLEAF.inc
>    something else
>
> could anyone help me? thanks a million!

Try implicitly defining the path to the *.pov file in the ini file and
the include file.
Also you could define the location of library files in povray.ini. Like:
Library_Path="G:\Libraries\Documents\POV-Ray\v3.7\include"

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> > when i use windows cmd to execute my pov program,it cannot find some file in the
> > path of pov program:
> > for example:
> > my cmd is:"start pvengine /render G:\\patht_to_code\\model.ini"
> > and code like this:
> > + source
> >    t1.pov // it contain "#include "TOMLEAF.inc"" ,but no means
> >    TOMLEAF.inc
> >    something else
> >
> > could anyone help me? thanks a million!
> >

> Try implicitly defining the path to the *.pov file in the ini file and
> the include file.
> Also you could define the location of library files in povray.ini. Like:
> Library_Path="G:\Libraries\Documents\POV-Ray\v3.7\include"
>

> --
>
> Regards
>      Stephen

it work! thank you very much Stephen!

Post a reply to this message

>>> when i use windows cmd to execute my pov program,it cannot find some file in the
>>> path of pov program:
>>> for example:
>>> my cmd is:"start pvengine /render G:\\patht_to_code\\model.ini"
>>> and code like this:
>>> + source
>>>     t1.pov // it contain "#include "TOMLEAF.inc"" ,but no means
>>>     TOMLEAF.inc
>>>     something else
>>>
>>> could anyone help me? thanks a million!
>>>

>> Try implicitly defining the path to the *.pov file in the ini file and
>> the include file.
>> Also you could define the location of library files in povray.ini. Like:
>> Library_Path="G:\Libraries\Documents\POV-Ray\v3.7\include"
>>

>> --
>>
>> Regards
>>       Stephen
>
> it work! thank you very much Stephen!

Phew! I'm glad. :-)

I ran into the same problem myself, last week.
It was from using machine generated code that I was rendering manually
from a different directory than where it was created.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>>> Try implicitly defining the path to the *.pov file in the ini file and
>>> the include file.
>>> Also you could define the location of library files in povray.ini. Like:
>>> Library_Path="G:\Libraries\Documents\POV-Ray\v3.7\include"
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>       Stephen
>>
>> it work! thank you very much Stephen!
>>

> Phew! I'm glad. :-)
>
> I ran into the same problem myself, last week.
> It was from using machine generated code that I was rendering manually
> from a different directory than where it was created.

When using those machine generated scenes, check if it contains any hard
coded paths and other full files paths.
Those are totally non-portable, even within a single machine.

Post a reply to this message