POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : rendering problems eagle 3d and pov ray Server Time
14 May 2024 14:37:34 EDT (-0400)
  rendering problems eagle 3d and pov ray (Message 15 to 24 of 34)
From: SIRS Tech
Subject: Re: rendering problems eagle 3d and pov ray
Date: 1 Jul 2009 02:45:00
Message: <web.4a4b05444868867f614c3f500@news.povray.org>
"SIRS Tech" <Gre### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> Alain <aze### [at] qwertyorg> wrote:

> > > I meant:
> > > Update the Eagle 3D script! You need a version of the script designed
> > > for a more recent version of POV-Ray. Right now the script you have not
> > > only seems to be buggy, it also expects an ancient version of POV-Ray as
> > > its counterpart.
> > >
> > > The Eagle 3D script is the source of all your problems, so you need to
> > > make sure you have the latest version and then if needed fix the other
> > > bugs in it yourself if you can. Eagle script files end with scr if I
> > > recall correctly.
> > >
> > >     Thorsten
> >
> > Great :( yet another application giving yet another meaning to the
> > screen saver's extention...
> >

> > Alain
>
> I got eagle 5.6. I'm using the 3d script, 3d41 wich came with it...when opened
> in wordpad it says for use with 4.1 and later...unless there is a new script.
> In wich case where can I get it and whats the name?
>
> I got it to render, yay! Thanks for the help, but here is another question, why
> is there some items missing? Like there is 2 resistors and a diode a capactior
> and the lm555 timer, yet the led and the battery along with some other stuff is
> not there.

nvm I got the led in there...just now I need to figure out where to get 3d
batteries.

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 1 Jul 2009 14:20:00
Message: <web.4a4ba7d54868867f5def94260@news.povray.org>
"SIRS Tech" <Gre### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> updated pov ray to pov ray 7.0 the beta 33. I've got no idea how to edit any of
> this stuff, to me it's jibberish. I've checked the schematic and board to see
> if there was like a floating pin and there isn't...so it leads me to think it's
> something with the code.
>
> "C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\POV-Ray\v3.7\include\special.inc"
> line 1731: Parse Error: Unexpected additional '.' in floating-point number
>
> Render failed

Be aware that...

- POV-Ray is not specifically designed to work with Eagle 3D; if something goes
wrong, consider it a problem of Eagle 3D, which is designed for the sole
purpose of interfacing the Eagle PCB layout software to POV-Ray.

- Your version of Eagle 3D is obviously designed to interface to an older
version of POV-Ray; if something goes wrong, consider it an incompatibility
between the Eagle 3D and POV-Ray versions, and try to either get a newer
version of Eagle 3D, or install an older version of POV-Ray (in parallel to
your POV-Ray 3.6 and 3.7 installations, if you like). Installing even newer
versions of POV-Ray will get you nowhere.

- If you still want to try to get your old Eagle 3D version to work with newer
POV-Ray versions, you will *need* to understand at least *some* of that
"jibberish".

Note that this is *not* an Eagle 3D support newsgroup. This is a POV-Ray
newsgroup. We cannot fix your Eagle 3D. And I think we'd rather teach you some
of that "jibberish" than try to come up with an "out of the box" solution.

After all, there may come a time when you design a PCB with a device that is
unknown to Eagle 3D; knowing that "jibberish" would then enable you to add a
corresponding model to the library.

Post a reply to this message

> Great :( yet another application giving yet another meaning to the
> screen saver's extention...

I bet EAGLE has been around a deal longer than Windows screensavers, dating back
to good old MS-DOS times.

Post a reply to this message

"SIRS Tech" <Gre### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> I got eagle 5.6. I'm using the 3d script, 3d41 wich came with it...when opened
> in wordpad it says for use with 4.1 and later...unless there is a new script.
> In wich case where can I get it and whats the name?

Obviously, as there is currently no POV-Ray 4.* yet, that must refer to the
version of EAGLE supported, not of POV-Ray.

It would seem to me that work on Eagle 3D has not made much progress recently.

> I got it to render, yay! Thanks for the help, but here is another question, why
> is there some items missing? Like there is 2 resistors and a diode a capactior
> and the lm555 timer, yet the led and the battery along with some other stuff is
> not there.

Parts not defined in the Eagled 3D library, I'd guess.

After all, the EAGLE library only specifies the 2D layout of parts (if at all;
in worst case all you get is solder pads), so to render them in 3D, the actual
shape must be defined elsewhere in a library of sorts.

Time to learn some "jibberish" :P

Post a reply to this message

> "SIRS Tech" <Gre### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> > I got eagle 5.6. I'm using the 3d script, 3d41 wich came with it...when opened
> > in wordpad it says for use with 4.1 and later...unless there is a new script.
> > In wich case where can I get it and whats the name?
>
> Obviously, as there is currently no POV-Ray 4.* yet, that must refer to the
> version of EAGLE supported, not of POV-Ray.
>
> It would seem to me that work on Eagle 3D has not made much progress recently.
>

> > I got it to render, yay! Thanks for the help, but here is another question, why
> > is there some items missing? Like there is 2 resistors and a diode a capactior
> > and the lm555 timer, yet the led and the battery along with some other stuff is
> > not there.
>
> Parts not defined in the Eagled 3D library, I'd guess.
>
> After all, the EAGLE library only specifies the 2D layout of parts (if at all;
> in worst case all you get is solder pads), so to render them in 3D, the actual
> shape must be defined elsewhere in a library of sorts.
>
> Time to learn some "jibberish" :P

and where would I go to learn this...jibberish?

Post a reply to this message

#local txt = text{handelgo_font ,value,40,0 scale<diam/3,diam/3,diam/3>
translate<-diam/1.5,diam,-20>}

"C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\POV-Ray\v3.7\include\cap.inc" line
30: Parse Error: Expected
'ttf', undeclared identifier 'handelgo_font' found instead

I so hate this error lol. What should it read?

Post a reply to this message

"SIRS Tech" <Gre### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> #local txt = text{handelgo_font ,value,40,0 scale<diam/3,diam/3,diam/3>
> translate<-diam/1.5,diam,-20>}
>
> "C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\POV-Ray\v3.7\include\cap.inc" line
> 30: Parse Error: Expected
> 'ttf', undeclared identifier 'handelgo_font' found instead
>
> I so hate this error lol. What should it read?

nvm forgot that I had to rewrite it...

object{ intersection{ object{txt} object{cap} } translate <0,0,-0.05>
pigment{tcolour} }

"C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\POV-Ray\v3.7\include\cap.inc" line
34: Parse Error: Expected 'object', undeclared identifier 'txt' found instead

Post a reply to this message

> #local txt = text{handelgo_font ,value,40,0 scale<diam/3,diam/3,diam/3>
> translate<-diam/1.5,diam,-20>}
>
> "C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\POV-Ray\v3.7\include\cap.inc" line
> 30: Parse Error: Expected
> 'ttf', undeclared identifier 'handelgo_font' found instead
>
> I so hate this error lol. What should it read?

#local txt = text{ttf "handelgo_font.ttf" ...}

you need "ttf" after the opening "{"

The name of the font must be enclosed between double quotes. Otherwise,
it's treated as a user variable.

It's preferable to add the extention to the name but it's not absolutely
required.

Alain

Post a reply to this message

> #local txt = text{handelgo_font ,value,40,0 scale<diam/3,diam/3,diam/3>
> translate<-diam/1.5,diam,-20>}
>
> "C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\POV-Ray\v3.7\include\cap.inc" line
> 30: Parse Error: Expected
> 'ttf', undeclared identifier 'handelgo_font' found instead
>
> I so hate this error lol. What should it read?

A reminder:

You should take the habit of ALWAYS starting all your user defined
variables by an UPPERCASE letter.

Alain

Post a reply to this message

>> Great :( yet another application giving yet another meaning to the
>> screen saver's extention...
>
> I bet EAGLE has been around a deal longer than Windows screensavers, dating back
> to good old MS-DOS times.

I do remember the very first screen saver I ever saw on a PC. It was
under DOS 3 or about. It DID have the SCR extention and was of the TSR
variety.

Alain