POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : hoping for render window option Server Time
2 May 2024 13:07:23 EDT (-0400)
  hoping for render window option (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Leef me
Subject: hoping for render window option
Date: 3 Oct 2007 17:05:00
Message: <web.470403023cba1a07ed05561a0@news.povray.org>
I'm using Povray under Windows.

When I'm running through an animation successive frames are rendered in the
same window and 'wipe over' the prior image.

Question:
 Is there an option to NOT erase the render window before performing the new
render? If so, would a kind soul tell me where to find it?

Leef_me

Post a reply to this message

Leef_me nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/10/03 17:00:
> I'm using Povray under Windows.
>
> When I'm running through an animation successive frames are rendered in the
> same window and 'wipe over' the prior image.
>
> Question:
>  Is there an option to NOT erase the render window before performing the new
> render? If so, would a kind soul tell me where to find it?
>
> Leef_me

I never saw any option that could be used to that goal. Why dou you want the
previous prevew to stay, when the actual image is saved to disk?

--
Alain
You know you have been raytracing for too long when the animation you

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 3 Oct 2007 18:47:16
Message: <47041bf4$1@news.povray.org>

> I'm using Povray under Windows.
>
> When I'm running through an animation successive frames are rendered in the
> same window and 'wipe over' the prior image.
>
> Question:
>  Is there an option to NOT erase the render window before performing the new
> render? If so, would a kind soul tell me where to find it?

For an animation, yes. Right click the render window, there is a
"Preserve contents during animation" setting.

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Date: 3 Oct 2007 23:44:44
Message: <470461ac$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/10/03 18:50:
> Leef_me escribió:
>> I'm using Povray under Windows.
>>
>> When I'm running through an animation successive frames are rendered
>> in the
>> same window and 'wipe over' the prior image.
>>
>> Question:
>>  Is there an option to NOT erase the render window before performing
>> the new
>> render? If so, would a kind soul tell me where to find it?
>>

> For an animation, yes. Right click the render window, there is a
> "Preserve contents during animation" setting.
That option is ON by default, the previous frame stay and the current is drawn
ober it. If you set it to OFF, the preview will get cleared before every frame.

--
Alain
   Last night my wife met me at the front door. She was wearing a Sexy negligee.

Post a reply to this message

From: Leef me
Date: 4 Oct 2007 03:30:01
Message: <web.4704959b52c5a429892adb1d0@news.povray.org>
Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> Leef_me nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/10/03 17:00:
> > I'm using Povray under Windows.
> >
> > When I'm running through an animation successive frames are rendered in the
> > same window and 'wipe over' the prior image.
> >
> > Question:
> >  Is there an option to NOT erase the render window before performing the new
> > render? If so, would a kind soul tell me where to find it?
> >
> > Leef_me
> >

> I never saw any option that could be used to that goal. Why dou you want the
> previous prevew to stay, when the actual image is saved to disk?

I meant in my question to be referrring to single frame renders, you seem ti
have understood but Nicolas did not.

In trying to understand, it seems like having the render update from the
last render, instead of erase and render; would help my conprehension.

Maybe there is something in the command line instead of +Kff100 for "final
frame" maybe there is a "next frame" or maybe a hot-key or macro could
change first fram and final frame by adding 1 to each.

Leef_me