POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Does POV-Ray run on Windows Compute Cluster Server 2003 Server Time
2 May 2024 19:20:33 EDT (-0400)
  Does POV-Ray run on Windows Compute Cluster Server 2003 (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: tysonflint
Subject: Does POV-Ray run on Windows Compute Cluster Server 2003
Date: 17 Jul 2007 22:40:01
Message: <web.469d7c8628bf490d234a56910@news.povray.org>
I just attended a Microsoft online webcast on Windows Compute Cluster Server
2003.  They gave the attendees each a 10 node copy of Windows Compute
Cluster Server 2003 for non-commercial use.  I've got half a dozen machines
or so at home that I think would make a great number cruncher for POV-Ray if
I could get them set up as a cluster.  Is the current version of POV-Ray (or
the lastest beta) capable of benefiting from running under Windows Compute
Cluster Server 2003?  What would it take to compile it in order to run well
under this environment?  I've got access to Visual Studio, but am looking
for some sort of tutorial on how to compile POV-Ray to run across the nodes
of the Windows Compute Cluster Server 2003.

Post a reply to this message

tysonflint nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/07/17 22:35:
> I just attended a Microsoft online webcast on Windows Compute Cluster Server
> 2003.  They gave the attendees each a 10 node copy of Windows Compute
> Cluster Server 2003 for non-commercial use.  I've got half a dozen machines
> or so at home that I think would make a great number cruncher for POV-Ray if
> I could get them set up as a cluster.  Is the current version of POV-Ray (or
> the lastest beta) capable of benefiting from running under Windows Compute
> Cluster Server 2003?  What would it take to compile it in order to run well
> under this environment?  I've got access to Visual Studio, but am looking
> for some sort of tutorial on how to compile POV-Ray to run across the nodes
> of the Windows Compute Cluster Server 2003.

It should run fine. The current beta may benefit but I can't tell for sure. As
the clustering is used to make several computers work as one BIG, multiprocessor
computer, I think that your chances are good. Try V3.7 beta in that environment
and tell us how it went.

--
Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when quotes about raytracing are making