POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Does POV-Ray run on Windows Compute Cluster Server 2003 : Re: Does POV-Ray run on Windows Compute Cluster Server 2003 Server Time
17 May 2024 06:08:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Does POV-Ray run on Windows Compute Cluster Server 2003
From: Alain
Date: 18 Jul 2007 21:09:34
Message: <469eb9ce$1@news.povray.org>
tysonflint nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/07/17 22:35:
> I just attended a Microsoft online webcast on Windows Compute Cluster Server
> 2003.  They gave the attendees each a 10 node copy of Windows Compute
> Cluster Server 2003 for non-commercial use.  I've got half a dozen machines
> or so at home that I think would make a great number cruncher for POV-Ray if
> I could get them set up as a cluster.  Is the current version of POV-Ray (or
> the lastest beta) capable of benefiting from running under Windows Compute
> Cluster Server 2003?  What would it take to compile it in order to run well
> under this environment?  I've got access to Visual Studio, but am looking
> for some sort of tutorial on how to compile POV-Ray to run across the nodes
> of the Windows Compute Cluster Server 2003.

It should run fine. The current beta may benefit but I can't tell for sure. As
the clustering is used to make several computers work as one BIG, multiprocessor
computer, I think that your chances are good. Try V3.7 beta in that environment
and tell us how it went.

--
Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when quotes about raytracing are making