POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Rendering in the background without GUI invocation Server Time
18 May 2024 10:50:17 EDT (-0400)
  Rendering in the background without GUI invocation (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Wolf
Subject: Rendering in the background without GUI invocation
Date: 3 May 2006 06:35:00
Message: <web.4458870deace643a4f9a147f0@news.povray.org>
Is there any way for the Povray for Windows version to render an image in
the background without having the GUI popping up?

I'm working on an Eclipse ( see http://www.eclipse.org ) plugin for Povray
sceene development, supporting an enhanced editor (syntax highlighting,
code folding, auto completion...) as well as an rendering functionality.
Having the Povray GUI popping up each time the user presses the "render"
button is not quite user friendly.

Currently I'm calling Povray using the Java Runtime.getRuntime().exec(...)
method and providing (obviously among others) the /NR and the /EXIT flags.

Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,
Wolf

Post a reply to this message