POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Rendering in the background without GUI invocation : Re: Rendering in the background without GUI invocation Server Time
18 Jun 2024 13:45:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering in the background without GUI invocation
From: Chris Cason
Date: 5 May 2006 21:44:10
Message: <445bff6a@news.povray.org>
Wolf wrote:
> Currently I'm calling Povray using the Java Runtime.getRuntime().exec(...)
> method and providing (obviously among others) the /NR and the /EXIT flags.

What you should be doing is either (a) using a GUIEXT, or (b) leaving the POV
instance running (perhaps minimized, or in the tray), and then using the
/render command. Provided the 'keep single instance' option is set (this is
the default), the new instance of POV will pass the command-line to the
existing one and then immediately exit, leaving the rendering to be done by
the running copy.

In other words, just don't use /exit.

-- Chris